Worst Things About India
Below is the list of few worst things about India :
1. Despite no. of hoardings placed on ‘Swach Bharat Abhiyaan’ and other efforts made by the Government of India, people are shamelessly throwing the garbage on roads and streets.
2. Instead of demanding severe action against a rapist, people have protested a rapist and demanded his release. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh- the Indian Spiritual Guru from North India was convicted to prison for raping his 2 female followers and later for the murder of a journalist.
3. A major part of India’s GDP comes from Tourism. Still, people have no respect for ancient historical and religious places. It is really sad to see ‘Rahul loves pooja’, ‘Laila Majnu’, etc and various other senseless things written on the walls of these historical places.
4.INR 2,600 Crores (could be even more) was misused by an Indian leader in building these useless statues, for her own fame and popularity. Instead, this amount could have been used for public welfare, to provide shelter, food, education, etc to poor children.
5. Even after 73 years of Independence, a major section of India lives like this…
6. The power of VIP’s can be seen everywhere. Be it a government office, hospital or a temple, if you know the peon or even his neighbor, you can straight away cut the line and get your work done. Being a distant or close relative of a VIP is itself a matter of proud for Indians.
7. Indian politics and voting run on a caste system. This is the ugly truth of our nation! Sometimes, I really wonder why we aren’t renaming Indian politics as Caste politics.
8. People really don’t know the value of time. Reaching 30 minutes late than the scheduled time a normal thing. The word ‘punctuality’ doesn’t fit in the dictionary of Indians!
9.A country where porn sites will run faster than government sites. This is Digital India!
10. The traffic condition in India is the worst to see. The metros like Delhi, Mumbai, Banglore has the worst traffic condition. People barely follow traffic rules, especially bikers.
11. And the fact that Indians are still superstitious! A black cat is blamed for crossing the path. Indians hang lemon & chili outside their homes and shops/offices with the belief that this will help in avoiding ‘Buri Najar‘ and bring wealth and prosperity. If this is the truth, then why lemons are so cheap, their value should be equivalent to Gold! People do a hell lot of ridiculous things in the name of belief which is actually merely a superstition.
12.No legal forms are made for the issues like marital rape in India because according to the superior government authorities, it is an irrelevant topic to talk about. But same-sex marriage is a serious offense and crime in the eyes of Law and Society.
13. Girls are considered as ‘Ghar ki Laxmi’ by Hindus but the increasing graph of killing female fetuses defines something else. If this won’t stop, the time isn’t far when girls would become an endangered species in India.
14.’Dowry’- the ancient tradition is still in practice and is considered a social status symbol for the bride’s as well as the groom’s family.
Despite all the flaws, I am proud to be an Indian. In the past years, India has developed a lot and is still developing. We cannot ignore the fact that India has offered great inventions to the world. There are numerous interesting facts about India. Read these amazing facts here!