Interesting Facts About India for Indians:
We Indians should definitely know these mind-blowing facts about our country. Here is the list of interesting facts about India for Indians.
1. India has the largest pool of Scientists and Engineers. Look around your relatives, friends, and neighbors, you’ll find a lot of Engineers around you.
2. The game of snake & ladder and chess, the value of zero, algebra, trigonometry, calculus and many other inventions are offered by Indians to the world.
3.Shampoo- The hair cleansing liquid used by almost each and every person in this world was first made by Indians (not for commercial use) with the use of various Indian herbs. The word ‘Shampoo’ has been derived from the Sanskrit word “Champu” which means to massage.
4. The CEO’s of top MNC’s of the world are Indians. Examples are Sundar Pichai (Born & Bought up in Tamil Naidu)- CEO of Google, Salil Parekh- CEO & MD of Infosys, Shantanu Narayana- CEO of Adobe, etc.
5.’Lifeline Express’, also known as ‘Jeewan Rekha Express’ is the world’s first hospital train started in India. This train was invented to offer health services to the remote places of the country.
6. Rajasthan is not only famous for deserts but also for The Rat Temple. The Karni Mata Temple, situated in the village Deshnok which is 30 km from Bikaner is famous because of approximately 25,000 black rats who live in the temple. These rats never go out of the temple even if the doors are open and they are free to leave. Isn’t that interesting?
7. The village in Maharashtra- Shani Shingnapur is visited by thousands of devotees daily. This village is popular because of the fact that no house of this village has doors and there is not even a single theft officially reported in the village.
8. Are you a milk lover or love dairy products? If yes, then you should definitely know that India is the largest milk producer in the world with approx 1555 million tonnes in 2015.
9. . The 2011 Kumbh Mela gathering was so huge that the crowd was visible from space too.
10. The largest employer of our country is Indian Railways, not the MNC’s.
11. India has the largest no. of vegetarians in the world.
12. The Magnetic Hill of Ladakh doesn’t follow Sir Isaac Newton’s Law of Gravity. It is strictly advised to keep your car in neutral gear right from the starting point of this magnetic hill.
13. India has the highest cricket ground in the world at an altitude of 2,444 meters. The Chail Cricket ground, a part of Chail Ministry School in Chail Himachal Pradesh was built in 1893.
14. India is the largest democratic country. A special polling booth is arranged for a single voter, Mahant Bharatdas since 2004 in Banej, middle of Gir Forest of Gujrat.
15.26 May is celebrated as ‘The Science Day in Switzerland’. This day was declared as the Science day when the honorable President A P J Abdul Kalam visited Switzerland on 26 May 2006.
16. India is the second largest nation with about 125 million people speaking English, after The United States of America. The increasing trend of English Medium Schools in India proves the fact.
17. In the last 10,000 years of its history, India has never invaded any country. We Indians are peace lovers. Here’s the proof!
18. The Indian Men and Women Kabbadi teams have won all the world cups held till now.
19. How many persons do you have in your family? Many of us will stop counting at 4,5 or 6. But there is a family who lives in the village of Baktawng, which comes under Serchhip district of Mizoram State of India who has 181 in total members living under one roof. Ziona Chana, born in July 1945 has 39 wives, 94 children. 14 daughter-in-laws and 33 grandchildren (1+39+94+14+33=181).They all live together in a 4 storied mansion consisting of 100 rooms, which looks like a boarding house.
20.Not only the largest no. of post offices, but India is also the only country in the world which has ‘Floating Post Office’ in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
21. The name India is derived from the name of Asia’s longest river ‘Indus’. It is also believed that Britishers gave this name India because Indians use of grow Indigo (the dye used to color clothes).
Indians consider 21 as the lucky and auspicious no. That’s why I have mentioned only 21 interesting facts about India for Indians. (phew-phew).
Readers! We hope you loved the information provided above and again you are feeling proud to be an Indian! If you liked these amazing facts, then please share it with each and every Indian you love.